Acupuncture is not a miracle cure it is used to complete routine dentistry. Acupuncture has scientific background and cannot be performed unless proper training is obtained.
How does it work?
Acupuncture activates small myelinated nerve fibres in muscles which send impulses to the spinal cord and then activate the mid-brain and the hypothalamus. This then via series of pathways can give pain relief.
Where can Acupuncture be used in dentistry?
- PAIN MANAGEMENT
- TEMOPARAL MANDIBULAR JOINT PROBLEMS
- STRESS AND ANXIETY
- GAGGING PROBLEMS
- FACIAL PAIN
Frequently asked question?
- When can one see an effect? Probably after 2 treatment.
- How many treatments are required? Approximately 5 treatments are required about a week apart.
- How long is each treatment? Usually about 5-12 minutes.
Homeopathy uses the principle that like cures like that is to say treating an illness with a substance that causes those same symptoms in the healthy person. Homoepathy medicine stimulates the body to overcome the symptoms rather than suppressing them. The medicines are made from naturally occurring substances. Normally there are no harmful side effects provided the normal and correct usage is performed. The medicines can be prescribed as powders, liquids and granules.
Frequently asked questions?
- How can homeopathy be used in dentistry?
- Pain management
- Use in place of antibiotics to fight infections like abcesses, gum disease.
- In management of Anxiety so that patient does not resort to sedation/general anaesthesia.
- Reduce discomfort and duration of cold sores and mouth ulcers.
- Post operative swellings.
IF MORE COMPLICATED CONDITIONS PATIENTS CAN BE REFERRED TO OTHER SPECIALIST HOMEOPATHS.
- Can children take homeopathy medicine? Yes, for example taking medicine for teething pain, tummy problems and bad temper.
If you require complimentary treatment our qualified homeopath dentist will give the correct advice on which medication to take, how to take it and any follow ups if required.